Visual Sequential Narrative- Progress

For my Visual Sequential Narrative project, I want to convey the process of decorating a cake. There is a lot of motion involved in this process, and I could have fun communicating this sense of locomotive movements in the visual realm. I've attached some edits I have of the kinds of cakes I make, and am set to bake/photograph the process this Wednesday, so can have some raw in-process images to work with by then. I've also included an example of very basic sequential tutorial for cake decorating I found on Google, below my cakes. I don't want my edits to look like this example, but I wanted to include, to show how a process like this can portray motion and time. 

A 'Plan B' I have is to show a cake of mine spinning, through a still Photoshop image, making it appear as though it's spinning around the page itself. 





Comments

  1. I love the fairy tale theme going on in those top couple examples! Your idea is cool, and something I'd personally enjoy seeing. Cake decorating is something of a mystery to me, so making art from the process sounds very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elena, wow! I love these colors. I caught a sense of magic and fairytale even before reading your post. I'm glad you included the references images, even though they're not exactly the direction you're planning to take. They almost remind me of mood board images. And it's really helpful to have a visual! On a side note-- you're cakes are AMAZING, I'm drooling lol. :) can't wait to see where this project takes you! - Julia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Elena! First of all, I have to say you're an amazing patissier! I can definitely see how the spinning across the page option would really work with the way you decorate all the edges of the cake. The process images would also be nice to see because of how detailed the final products are. I look forward to seeing what you make from this point on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like your ideas. I do think I am a bit more interested in your Plan B. I am curious about how you would convey the spinning of the cake within your image and think it could be really interesting to explore keeping both the details and interest of your amazing cake decorating while still expressing movement. I think your first idea is really good too and I think it could definitely work as well. Overall, I am excited to see more of your process and which direction you end up going in!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful them, I just love the fairy tale aspects of your ideas! I think the depiction of motion in your Plan B concept will be very visually interesting and I am curious to see how the composition will convey movement! The pictures you provided are very inspiring and I am looking forward to viewing your process!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment